Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Kindergarten Countdown



This year has been filled with enthusiasm, kindness, hard work, and a LOT of learning.  These students are having fun finishing the year with special events each day of the week. On Monday, it was Ocean Day as well as "Wear Your Sports Shirt" Day.  On Tuesday, it was Backwards Day where the students were able to wear their shirts, hats, or dresses backwards.  Today was Field Days and the theme was Candy Land.  We wanted to get a class picture of all of us in our shirts before the activities.  Field Days was made possible by all the volunteers, parents, and teachers but especially Ms. Canfield our P.E. teacher who organized each activity.  Thank you for all who helped out and made this awesome day possible.  Tomorrow will be "Fancy Pants" Day-which means all the students can come in fancy clothes as we send the 5th grade students off to the middle school in style. 

It has been a wonderful year.  I am greatly honored to have worked with these amazing students, caring families, and outstanding colleagues; who make learning so meaningful for these children. The students are excited for their transition into first grade and I am also getting ready for my transition as well.  I will be teaching second grade at Dothan Brook School in the fall and I am so excited for that upcoming adventure. Dothan Brook School is indeed, a very special place and I am so proud to be a part of it.  

I hope everyone has a fun and restful summer and I look forward to seeing you in the fall. 


Sincerely,

Tara MacCallum

No comments:

Post a Comment